Jan 9, 2010

Nigella's Chocolate Cloud Cake




My sweet friend (sister from another mother and father) bought me a cook book by Nigella Lawson for Christmas. She saw me gawking at it one day at Chapters and then went back the next day to surprise me with it. Nigella is an amazing cook that was introduced to me by a friend from England recently, her cook books are so well written. I love reading what she has to say as much as I love to read the actual recipes. She has an amazing relationship with food which I totally relate to! So with the help of my new toy (the KitchenAid stand mixer) i attempted my first recipe from her book, CHOCOLATE CLOUD CAKE. I was looking for a wheat free and sugar free desert as you remember from my resolutions and this recipe has no flour and just a little bit of sugar, so I gave it a go, and my oh my was it delicious!! Though i would like to try it again as mine didn't seem to rise as much as Nigella's, i don't think anyone noticed the difference except for me though.


3 comments:

  1. yumm, looks scrumptious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I have the recipe? It looks delish! I love Nigella Lawson!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shanie, what happened to your blog? Keep it coming! :)

    (I shouldn't talk, I have been completely neglecting mine forever...)

    ReplyDelete