Mar 15, 2010

Spring projects!

With warm sunny days come inspiration for many projects I only have space to do outdoors! I love all seasons and i especially love the changing of seasons! We are having a ridiculously early spring this year and i am loving getting back to jogging, walking around our property eagerly looking for my garlic to sprout and flower beds to start growing. Over the weekend I got inspired to start a new project, buy seeds, and build a cabinet (all by myself might i add). It was a great spring weekend!!


Priming antique frames for different projects around the house. More pictures to come.





Annual trip to Green village, picking up seeds that need to be planted early.




My old messy computer desk



My new amazing "hide it all" desk that I got off of kijiji, inspired by this lovely lady on her blog Jordan Ferney/Oh Happy Day After seeing this blog I immediately looked on the Ikea website to see how much they were new! And as I thought they were way out of our budget, so i started looking on Kijiji, there was nothing local so i thought i'd look between here and Halifax and here and Bathurst as those would be reasonable places to travel if i found a good deal. Nothing! So then i remebered my dad was in Ottawa with his van and moving trailer to move someone to Moncton so I looked at Ottawa and surrounding area and to my best of luck, there it was, great condition, and GREAT price. So here it stands in my living room, waiting to be painted this summer! This will be a BIG painting project!

3 comments:

  1. Shanie, where did you get those frames? I've been looking for a large frames for some time now. Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had them for many many years, I think i got them at antique stores.

    ReplyDelete